Utbyten.se - UHR:s webbplats om möjligheter till internationellt samarbete och utbyte

The Swedish Council for Higher Education and utbyten.se

The Swedish Council for Higher Education is a Swedish government agency with many different tasks in the education sector. One of them is to provide organisations and individuals in Sweden with the opportunity to participate in international exchanges and partnerships.

This website gathers all the information about international programmes and opportunities offered by the Swedish Council for Higher Education.

International exchanges for the entire education sector

The agency is responsible for a number of different programmes that give stakeholders in the entire Swedish education sector – from pre-school and school, to higher education, vocational education and training and adult education – the opportunity to apply for project funding for international partnership and exchange projects. The aim is that these international activities will contribute to increasing the quality of education in Sweden.

What is available?

The programmes offer various forms of partnership projects between educational organisations (such as schools, higher education institutions and vocational training centres) in Sweden and abroad. Organisations can also apply for financial support to give staff, students and pupils the opportunity to participate in education, placements and skills development outside of Sweden.

Who are the programmes for?

In general, it is organisations – for example, a school, a higher education institution or vocational training centre – that may apply for funds from the Swedish Council for Higher Education. It is then the organisation that sends staff, students and pupils on exchanges to other countries. We primarily work with organisations in Sweden.

More information

The "Our programmes from A to Z" link has short descriptions of the exchange and partnership programmes for which the Swedish Council for Higher Education is responsible.

Would you like to know more about the agency's other tasks? You can read more about them on the Swedish Council for Higher Education's website, uhr.se (see the link to the right).

Our programmes are funded by the European Commission, the Nordic Council of Ministers, Sida and the Swedish state.

More information about studying and working in Sweden

Are you from another country and want to find out about studying or working in Sweden? The page Studying and working in Sweden – useful links, in the menu to the left, has more information about where to find help.

For organisations that wish to work with organisations in Sweden

Are you from another country and wish to work with a school or higher education institution in Sweden? Organisations in various low and middle-income countries can participate in a number of the programmes, but it is the Swedish organisation that submits an application to the Swedish Council for Higher Education.

In order for an organisation in one of these countries to participate in a partnership project, it must find and initiate a partnership with a Swedish educational organisation. The list of low and middle-income countries is based on The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)'s DAC-list and can be find to the right.

Participation in Erasmus+

As regards exchanges and partnerships within the Erasmus+ EU programme, which focus on European countries, you should contact the national office in the country in which your organisation works. Contact information for the national offices in all the countries in Europe participating in Erasmus+ are found to the right of the page.

Erasmus+ also offer some cooperation and exchange opportunities for institutions and individuals in countries outside of Europe. See the European Commission's Erasmus+ programme website for more information.